1. Cleanse - cleansing is the cleaning of the face using a soap-based product.
It is important to wash your face using a good quality face wash that is suitable for your skin type. Make small circular motions along the skin for 30 to 60 seconds and remove using warm water.
2. Tone - this is one of the most important steps! Toning removes any excess dirt and face wash that may still remain on the skin after cleansing. Leaving a clear canvas for the next steps of your facial routine. Simply apply the toner to a cotton pad and wipe the skin to remove any excess grime.
3. Exfoliate - exfoliation removes the dead skin cells from the surface layer of the skin.
Read more about exfoliation here.
Using either a scrub, peel or exfoliation tool, make small circular motions across the skin to remove the dead skin and smooth the face.
4. Mask - face masks penetrate deep into your skin, removing excess oils, improving the appearance of and unclogging the pores, driving essential and beneficial ingredients straight into your skin, giving you that glow you need! Apply your mask using a brush or your fingers. Allow to sit for 10 to 15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
Want to know which of our masks are right for you? Check out our article here.
5. Moisturise - after your mask it is important to hydrate and provide nourishment. Using a facial oil will allow the oil to sink deep into your skin, giving your face the moisture and protection it needs. Massage your facial oil or moisturiser into your skin and leave to dry.
It is important to have a daily routine to maintain your skin’s health and strength. A daily routine should be repeated twice a day - in the morning and evening. It does not need to be complicated, remember to keep it simple!